Improving Auto Parts eCommerce Conversion Rate Optimization with Kurt Elster
We sit down with Kurt Elster, one of the most highly regarded independent consultants in his industry. Kurt Elster is a Senior eCommerce Consultant who helps Shopify merchants like Jay Leno’s Garage uncover hidden profits in their websites through his eCommerce agency Ethercycle. With over one million downloads, Kurt is best known for hosting The Unofficial Shopify Podcast.
In this episode, we go into detail on how to improve your eCommerce auto parts store’s conversation rate to generate more part and accessory sales. Kurt also provides some color on why Shopify could be a good auto parts eCommerce solution for parts departments and auto part resellers alike.
Some Questions We Ask:
- How did you get into the eCommerce industry? (2:07-8:34)
- Why do recommend Shopify for auto parts eCommerce website? (9:17-12:51)
- What’s been the biggest change in the automotive industry since you started working? (14:30-16:40)
- How do online merchants avoid “the race to the bottom” on price? (16:55-22:58)
- Increasing online auto part and accessory sales with content marketing 20:30-24:42
- How should automotive brands prepare for the rise of social commerce? (26:09-31:54)
- Having multiple points of communication. (32:02-34:34)
- Improving your online customer service strategy (34:39-37:04)
- Increasing conversion rate optimization and retention (37:20-38:17)
- How has CRO evolved over the years now that eCommerce is largely mobile first? (38:21-42:05)
- What one piece of advice you’d give any Fixed Operations Director, Parts Manager or anyone else selling parts online? (43:50-46:00)
- What’s the average conversion rate for the top 500 internet retailers? (46:03-47:24)