Some say an effective email blitz happens through social media. The numbers say differently. In this day and age, it all comes down to the numbers. Companies rely on the numbers to tell a story. Why would this situation be any different?
Some Stats You May Want To Look At:
1) Email is said to be three times as useful as using Facebook and Twitter combined. There are also as many user accounts.
2) There has been a comparison of website traffic versus email traffic. The website traffic is only 1/100th the size of email traffic.
3) Email uses more bandwidth. Every single page that is used on Google, including data and video feed, is only a 1/4 of what email has going.
These numbers are just to give you an idea of which direction marketing is taking. More people respond to email marketing. Now that you know how big your email marketing blitz can be, it is time to discuss some tips to make this happen.
9 Tips On How To Grow Your Email List Through Aggressive, But Not So Aggressive Marketing
1) You can have an automatic opt-in for the email preference. This can be done one of two ways. You can do it through the terms and disclaimer thing. It can also be done through the e-commerce box during checkout. You can either have the box checked or have your customers check it themselves. Sometimes it is better to have it checked, but the choice is yours.
2) You do it through sign-ups on your site. Once your customer hits your page the newsletter option will pop up. You can also send out a generic email inviting your customer to join. It is a simple and effective tool to use.
3) Are you on social media? In this day and age, most of you probably are. You can have a display showing through your social media account. Send an email out this way. You may be surprised at how many of your customers decide to sign up. You can give an incentive through your social standing. Something like a free offer is good to do. Everyone likes to get something for free, especially when it is something they want.
4) Do you ever receive offers from a site that encourages you to forward to a friend? You can use the same thing for your site and your campaign. They work wonders. Include the link at the bottom. You may get a few more people to sign up once you send the word out.
5) Time for a giveaway. This can be something as simple as a coupon. Offer 5, 10 or 15% off when someone signs up. It does not have to be much. It just has to be enough to peak someone’s interest, especially when there is something they want to get.
6) You can have one of your in-house salesmen asking for email signups. Retail stores do it all the time. Kohls is a good example of this. Their stores always have people asking for someone’s email address to plug into the system. It is a simple and effective tactic, as long as it is done in a non-intrusive way.
7) Go to your social media sites and have a link available for signing up and downloading. The only thing to advise here is to make sure it is compatible. The last thing you need is someone trying to open something up and finding out they cannot.
8) Take something that you know your customer is going to want. It can be a book download. It can be a PDF file they have been looking for. Take it and offer it in exchange for their email. This is a practice that has never gone out of style. The irony is that many are not familiar with it in this day and age. Give it a try and see what happens. They will give you what you seek, as long as you have something good to offer.
9) Did you try a contest or some kind of giveaway? You need to give away something that most of your customers will want. Do not give away free Madonna world tour tickets when you run a country music or metal music site. Most of your customers are not going to be interested in these tickets. Coordinate with a web publisher when doing something like this. These guys have the necessary tools to pull this off successfully.
These tips will not help you to grow your email list overnight. These tips will help you to grow the list over time and do it successfully. Stay calm and be patient. Click here for more advice and places to begin.